Come build a Europe of Equality!
At the heart of the fight against racism and for democracy in Europe, you will live a unique, enriching, and intense European experience. From Oslo to Athens, by way of Kiev, Istanbul or Sarajevo, you will be part of the activists who make the difference in the preservation and progress of Equality in Europe.
Through the actions of the European Grassroots Antiracist Movement (EGAM), you will have the opportunity to develop personally, professionally and politically.
Come join the team!
What is EGAM?
Launched in 2010, the European Grassroots Antiracist Movement (EGAM)’s gathers the main antiracist and Human Rights NGOs of 33 countries to structure a more integrated and active European civil society against racism, anti-Semitism, racial discrimination and genocide denial in Europe.
EGAM carries three types of activities: field actions with a strong European dimension, advocacy activities targeting national and European institutions and finally, meetings and training seminar in order to strengthen European antiracist leaders.
A selection of the projects EGAM is working on includes:
- The campaign Remember 24th April 1915 for the memory and the recognition of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey and more generally the European support to prodemocracy leaders in Turkey
- The organisation of the Roma Pride, a demonstration held simultaneously in 15 countries in October, which aims to challenge anti-Roma racism and to promote the Romani cultures, histories and traditions.
- The political training of young activists upon Sarajevo Film Festival and Sarajevo-sur-Seine Film Festival
- The campaign “Genocide against the Tutsi: the truth right now!”, which aims to bring to light the responsibilities of the French State in Genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda in 1994.
- The establishment of a network of European and national parliamentarians devoted to the fight against genocide denial and the prevention of genocides
EGAM currently has vacancies for the following position:
I. “Service Civique”
“Service Civique” in a European
As a member of EGAM’s coordination staff, based in Paris, you will have the chance to get involved in the fight for a Europe of Equality. According to your skills and interests, you will help manage projects and/or participate in EGAM’s advocacy work.
- Coordination of European projects (grassroots actions, training seminars, festivals, international meetings): invitations, logistical organisation.
- Lobbying activities targeting national and European institutions: collection of signatures for EGAM’s manifestos and open letters, diffusion of the texts in the European press, meetings with political representatives.
€ 570 net/month. This remuneration includes full coverage of Health Insurance and social benefits.
Application process and dates:
- Send your CV and cover letter (in English or French) to the email address below.
- Should your application be successful, you will be contacted for an interview, with a view to assuming the position a soon as possible.
- The duration of the contract is for 8 months.
“Service Civique” eligibility criteria:
- Candidate between 18 and 25 years old
- Citizen of one of the countries of the European Economic Area, if not one-year residence permit in France or a work-permit to be eligible.
French “Service Civique”:
The “Service Civique” was created in 2010 by the French Government as a mechanism to encourage the young citizens’ involvement in society, and aims to promote national cohesion and social diversity. It provides a specific type of volunteering contract.
For more details about the “Service Civique”, visit its webpage: http://www.service-civique.gouv.fr/
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +33 1 72 60 91 49